Monday, April 17, 2017

Extended Vacation

Stinker got an extended vacation while I was out of town looking at housing/barn/training for work.  Then right before I finally got home I got sick, so he is still on vacation.  And considering nothing is packed and I have to be out of my house next week, it is probably going to continue.

I was in California for a week for work training

On the plus side he did get two rides from S and was actually really well behaved.  That is a huge step for him.  He used to immediately revert back to OMG panicked with anyone new.  Granted S isn't new new, but it has been quite sometime since she has ridden him.  And even longer since she rode him when I wasn't there.

I was super excited to see him.  He wasn't nearly as interested in me

Hopefully, he won't object to the extended time off and we can pick things back up where we left off. I am hoping to do a couple more schooling shows/maybe a trip to my favorite dressage judge's place prior to the move.  Either way I am just hoping to maintain through this fall and keeping my fingers crossed that by then I will have been able to settle into some kind of a routine.

12 comments:

  1. Moving is so stressful. Sounds like Stinker is doing well tho!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I knew you said you were moving, but I didn't realize it was all happening so soon! You'll have to give us a new barn tour etc. when you decide on one. I hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just out of my house. It sold faster than anticipated.

      Delete
  3. I didn't realize the move was so soon either! Moving is so stressful, I hope everything goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just out of my house. I don't move move for another couple of months.

      Delete
  4. Your food pic made me super hungry! Sending good vibes for a smooth move :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I'm currently living life in a "routine is overrated" mentality, I know how much you and Stinker thrive with one. hopefully things settle down in the fall 😀

    ReplyDelete