2017 Year Goals
Quarter 2 Goals
- Maintain as much as possible despite having a nutty human (He has really settled now that he is 8 and I am pretty proud of how he is doing.)
- Keep him happy and healthy (So far so good. I am keeping my fingers crossed and crazy in check.)
- Sanity (It is slowly returning)
Honestly this quarter went way better than I could have imagined. Between moving my life, plus work, plus all the other life changes, worrying about a relapse with EPM, I don't think it could have gone better. Stinker has settled right in and picked right back up and since I am not as stressed the rides have been much more straight forward.
Quarter 3 Goals
- Find a trainer
- Keep building the strength
- Utilize the hills 2x a week
- Learn how to walk down said hills
- Keep working on fitness
- Adjust to new routine of commute and horses at home
- Keep working Cowboy
I am really excited to see how this year ends up. Stinker has a brain that is in his head 90% of the time (he wouldn't be Stinker if it was 100% of the time). He is letting me ride him without OMG I JUST CAN'T moments every time I change something. He is still his sensitive self, but is more willing to roll with the punches. Hopefully with real hills to ride on I can pack muscle on his butt and back to give him the strength he needs to be able to really carry himself. We have moments of wow this horse might be able to do it, but it is a stride here and a stride there with no consistency (yet).