Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Holiday Ho-ing

This was my first year that I wasn't traveling for the holidays and I have to admit that it was really nice.  I had another great lesson on Saturday then went for a short road walk on Sunday.  I was going to ride on Christmas, but got tired and lazy so Stinker got the day off.

Road walking

It was really nice to have a nice quiet Christmas with my parents.  We did some puzzles, watched some football and had a seafood dinner.  My family doesn't really do presents, so I bought most of the things I wanted in the post Thanksgiving sales.  I got a second Kerrits jacket because I wanted one to wear to work and my old one is too gross from being licked (looking at you Stinker).

I also bought myself a pair of Dublin boots.  The first ones (different brand) wore out in a year and I replaced them with unlined rubber boots.  They were great for the south and the summer/fall here, but not so great for my freezing little toes.  I actually have been wearing them to work and doubling up on socks, but they might get swapped to barn boots once we start getting snow.

Post lesson roll

My one surprise gift that was perfect was my brother got me a down vest.  It is lightweight and has a hood.  Sadly, it is some Japanese company and my attempts to google it have been unsuccessful.  But it is pretty awesome, and I am having a hard time trying to decide if I want to keep it for work or make it riding wear.  I really want to get a second one so I don't have to make that decision.

He wanted no part of the Christmas selfie

I got a few other things like wormer, adequan, and other non fun things.  Of course, I couldn't resist the Dark Jewel Design and If The Bonnet Fits sales, but I don't have them yet so I am pretending like I didn't go too crazy.  Hopefully, this will keep my tack ho card intact for awhile because I am currently pouring all my extra money into lessons before trainer goes on vacation.  I am really behind on blogging about my lessons, but I will probably lump them all into one post.

11 comments:

  1. No pictures of the vest? You slacker 😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure why you would expect pictures of it. It takes me at least a week to remember to take a picture and it's only been two days 😛

      Delete
  2. vests are like my absolute favorite riding gear, tho oddly i don't wear them much in real life outside of occasionally during early fall. sounds like it was a good holiday all around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to always be cold so I'm a big fan of anything I can layer.

      Delete
  3. I love riding in vests I'm the winter. I too want to see photos of said vest. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have four more days left in my week so soon(ish) 😉

      Delete
  4. Lessons are exciting! Or at least. I think they are. I would like to take some at some point haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. packable down is a MUST for winter! Is it from Uniqlo? If yes, I have a bunch from them, and they are holding up well.
    Sounds like a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly? I'm too blind to read the tag and my brother hasn't told me the name yet 🙈

      Delete
  6. The vest might be uniqlo. They are the largest Japanese clothing place for down stuff. My MIL gets us lots of stuff from there. I have a down trenchcoat style one. :)

    ReplyDelete