Thursday, May 17, 2018

The Prince And The Liners

I’m sure anyone that has read a few posts has picked up on the fact that Stinker is a little quirky and quite sensitive. I think this story might be the icing on the weirdo cake.

All pictures by the lovely SB

It all started a couple of months ago when I bought some liners because tack ho. I don’t wrap very often but I had been wanting to try them and I had a coupon plus hadn’t met the free shipping limit. So in the cart they went.


After they sat around for awhile while I admired how pretty and white they were, I finally got around to testing them out. After much doubt and fussing I got them wrapped and was admiring how pretty they were. Stinker immediately started trying to bite at them. So off they came. I decided I didn’t wrap them correctly so back in the bag they went.


When SB came to visit I was like “heyyyyyy wanna wrap my horse for my lesson so we can be all cute and matchy?” She kindly agreed but wanted a practice run. So I dug out the liners and a set of white polo wraps and she poked fun at how tiny his legs are. The end result looked great and I was super excited for the pictures.


The ride was less than great. He felt like he was scooting through my aids and was ducking the contact. After working him through things without any change I asked her to take off the hind wraps. He was slightly better but still not great and she said it looked like he was trying to bite the front wraps. So we pulled those off too.


After they came off he was a totally different horse. SB was shocked at the difference and I was crushed because I had to come to terms with the fact that he hates liners.
SaveSave

12 comments:

  1. Your horse is really unique šŸ˜‚ I wish I wrapped enough to take those liners off your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, he's a minimalist! I actually bought a set of liners by mistake. I thought they were no bows, but they were not! Oops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always breaking my heart with his minimalist attitude

      Delete
  3. I love my liners but yes, given his choice, TC would take them off because he's a nudist. He yanks all wraps/boots off, which is totally annoying. I still use them on him though, but I don't notice anything different about the way he goes with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stinker will remove boots and polos if given the chance but he tolerates them. I wasn’t expecting such a strong reaction to the addition of liners

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Such a nudist! He totally loves his hippy dippy lifestyle šŸ˜‚

      Delete
  5. Oh no! That sucks :( I hate when our horses hate something we've bought and wanted them to like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least this one is so ridiculous that I can laugh about it

      Delete
  6. They looked SO GOOD too. SOB.

    ZB doesn't really give a shit one way or the other but she also doesn't kick the crap out of herself and I've been super lazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least she will wear them when you want to look fancy

      Delete