Thursday, September 20, 2018

No Patience

I have been waiting not so patiently for the farrier to come back out.  Because Stinker had the pad on, I couldn't see how anything was healing and it was making me crazy.  I had no way of knowing if I was keeping things clean enough or if I needed to be doing more.  I had myself half way convinced that his foot was going to fall off when the pad was removed.  #nologic #justparanoia


Thankfully, everything looked good.  It is slowly growing back, but he didn't show any sensitivity on it, so the pad was left off.  I have mixed feelings about that, because he is stepping short in the trot which means it is bothering him, but at the same time I like being able to see it.


I guess I will see how it goes.  I am still waiting on the new head plate for my saddle so I can widen it.  Once that comes in we can start doing walk rides (sadly no trail rides) to start building his fitness back up.  In the meantime I am hoping that I can sneak in a couple of rides on some borrowed horses.


It totally blows my mind that endurance riders are like SURE COME RIDE MY HORSE!!!!  I guess not everyone has particular weirdos that mind strange riders.  Either way it will be good for me to ride other horses and hopefully I don't make a fool out of myself.

6 comments:

  1. I wish you were closer! I'm desperately looking for someone to ride Irish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Loaner ponies! That's what's kept me in the saddle this summer. It's a little intimidating at first to get on new horses, but it's a ton of fun.
    Hope Stinker is back to work soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When is your endurance ride? Maybe I will watch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to hoping Stinker feels better soon

    ReplyDelete