Thursday, October 11, 2018

Status Go

It’s official. I sent in my entry for the LD ride. The first little grey mare I was going to borrow got beat up badly by a pasture mate. She is supposed to make a full recovery and the attack is going to have surgery to fix the source of hormone imbalance that is believed to be the cause of the attack. So I was offered another horse by a different person. Cola is a tiny (I keep forgetting when I hop off and slam myself into the ground) grey mare.

Cutest little mare

The best part is she is three blocks from me so it has been relatively easy to schedule several training rides. At first I was nervous that she wasn’t in good enough shape to pack me, but last weekend she really hit her stride and trucked along to keep up with the other mare when I wanted to hang back with two other horses.

Unicorn farting rainbow socks

I’m not sure how well I am going to come out of the ride, but I think she will be great. Plus it doesn’t matter if I’m unsound at the end as long as she is. This week I’m frantically trying to get myself ready. Because I also got the bright idea to take a dressage lesson Friday morning before I leave for the ride. The good news is it means Stinker is sound and I got his saddle fit fixed. I can’t believe how much he has changed. Hopefully I’ll be better about blogging next week so I can cover all my adventures.

2 comments:

  1. Have so much fun!
    So sorry to hear about loaner pony #1 though. Hope she heals quickly. This is why I prefer boy horses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm late to the party but I retroactively wish you luck lol

    ReplyDelete