Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Learning of Sorts

Babies are fun for me but killer for blog content. There is no fun and exciting way to tell we trotted a couple circles and then went for a walk. But Karma is coming along quite nicely.


She is quirky about her ears especially the right one and I was concerned it might make her hard to bridle. Nope not an issue. In fact she is much easier than Cowboy, who is 19 years old. Not quite as easy as Stinker but he literally shoves his face in the bridle so as long as you don't miss the mouth with the bit he basically bridles himself.


Ideally I would like to put a few rides on her this fall and then give her the winter off to grow(?) (please please please grow). I am half heartedly working on getting a saddle. I also need to get her a bridle that fits before Aimee disowns me.


And I should get a vest because baby girl has moves. Hopefully those moves never show up under saddle but I like to plan for the worst and hope for the best. For the most part we are just plugging along doing baby pony stuff and hoping for more growing.

9 comments:

  1. Can I just give you like 900000 gold stars for having a full cheek that a) has keepers b) has the keepers put on in the correct place. This is a rare feat, praise cheesus thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha i love that you shouted this out. my old barn thought i was crazy bc i put keepers on (correctly??) on runkles full cheek.

      like, yes? were you raised by wolves?

      Delete
    2. I hope you had your eyes closed for the couple of weeks I didn't have the bit keepers. Its a good thing I take very few pictures 😂

      Delete
  2. Baby horse updates are the best! Making circles is HARD. She is adorable and I can't wait to hear about your continued progress with her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So hard. Especially when you want to avoid going by the terrifying calves

      Delete
  3. Hey! Baby stuff is exciting! Glad she's doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the baby stuff! It is so fun watching them learn.

      Delete
  4. I just wuv her. Uncle Porkchop sends his love.

    ReplyDelete