Thursday, November 12, 2020

The Woes Of Saddle Fitting

 Stinker was an absolute nightmare to fit, but with the help of my fabulous Florida saddle fitter we were able to get a combination that worked for him and me. I foolish thought that since Karma is a rather straightforward fit in comparison and we already knew what I liked it would be easy.

The first saddle that I was sent was absolutely delicious. It looked good on Karma, but the block was at the wrong angle for my leg. So saddle number two was sent out. And saddle number two is actually worse. It is a bit frustrating doing the fit distance wise, but even without the pandemic it would still be distance because I keep moving and I am definitely not near Florida.

Thankfully, on impulse I picked up a pivo and it has been super helpful. Even more helpful are my wonderful group of internet friends who are willing to tell me if it is the saddle or if I just suck at riding. I am a bit frustrated with my riding but that is a post for another day.


So we are still hunting for the just right combination for me. On the plus side I can ride her bareback. I am taking full advantage of the compliant baby horse stage because the oh so arrogant I don't want to stage shows up.

6 comments:

  1. Saddle fitting is just the WORST. I hope you find something that you both love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have another seat on the way so hopefully it will help improve things

      Delete
  2. I've been working on the saddle situation for awhile now. I'm close though. Two are all set. One horse left!
    Can you have the block moved on saddle #1? Sounds like it was pretty lovely otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am working with WOWs which are all modular, the problem was saddle 1 was custom designed so the fitter really wanted to keep the seat and match flaps together. So I think I have the same style seat from one coming.

      Delete
  3. Ha ha baby horses are hell on riding. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete