Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Moving

 After my impulse lesson, I impulsively asked if there were any open stalls and the cost. Quick mental math made me realize that if I moved, the cost of not hauling in for lessons would make up the board difference fairly easily. So I am officially in a dressage barn for the first time ever.

Happily hanging out in her stall

Karma made the move quite easily. I adore how adaptable she is. Her requirements are "Am I fed?" and "Can I see horses?" if those are met she is just fine. I feel bad because we have bounced around a bit, but I think this place is going to stick (unless I get a wild hair and move again).

More Bob pictures because I don't have Karma pictures

It is a nice small place. There are 8 or so horses on the property. The indoor is the size of a small dressage court and the outdoor is a large dressage court. There are letters in both and a booth with flowers at the letters in the outdoor. The BO has great attention to detail and communicates well.

I had no idea what was planted in my yard so I get pretty surprises

So now I am getting regular in person lessons, my virtual lessons, and I have two more trips planned to virtual trainer this year. All the lessons, but I desperately need them. So much of my time with Stinker was spent addressing managing him/his brain/his reactions that I developed some terrible habits. Then starting Karma without guidance let me solidify them. The great thing about her is while she tattles on me, all reactions are within a normal range and so we can just carry on while I figure out how to get my body to cooperate.

This picture of his psycho-ness makes me laugh

I was toying with the idea of doing a schooling show this fall, but I think I am going to keep my focus on getting myself in a better place and not immediately slumping back into bad habits. I think it will set Karma up for success. And honestly I am not too worried about her, I have more concerns about myself at shows vs Karma.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the move. It sounds like a great barn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for your move and so jealous of the regular lessons in house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exciting! Sounds like you're on a great path with Karma!

    ReplyDelete