Friday, November 25, 2016

Turkey Day!

In the morning I rode Stinker, and it was a so so ride.  We were just walking on the hills, so I didn't have stirrups on my saddle.  The electric fence was making a popping noise and Stinker decided teleporting was the best option.  I lost my seat and very nearly ate dirt.  I was far enough off the side that I was wishing for my stirrups.  Luckily he didn't add a spin or a bolt to the teleport, so I was able to slide back in the saddle.


The rest of the ride was pretty meh.  I was struggling to maintain his focus and he really wanted to go.  I think I am going to have to change his work schedule up.  He has way too much energy since his turnout time was reduced from 15ish hours to 8ish hours.  After the ride I helped clean some stalls to burn off the dinner.

I am very lucky to have an awesome BO that invited me and another girl to Thanksgiving dinner at his mother-in-law's sister's house.  So, my afternoon was spent at her place eating way too much food (excellent) and making polite conversation (not so great at).  Then I came home and started plotting all the things I was going to buy...

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous turkey day!! And I can't wait to see what everyone buys - vicarious living through other bloggers FTW! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to be good....so far only one purchase. Of course I have several shopping carts sitting.

      Delete
  2. Haha glad it was a good thanksgiving dinner with friends - and happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated but I hope you had a great thanksgiving even if the ride was meh!

    ReplyDelete