Friday, August 11, 2017

Finally Friday

I was so disappointed yesterday when I realized it wasn't Friday yet.  This week has been dragging on and on and needs to be over.  Stinker had yesterday off so I stole Cowboy and took him out for a trail ride to see how he was doing with things.  My mom has primarily been riding him 4-5 days a week and I haven't had much of a chance to do anything with him.


He has gotten so pokey leaving the barn.  I was a little concerned that there was something wrong, but nope she has just been letting him get away with being pokey.  He only got a little spooky as an avoidance because work is hard.  Overall it was a pretty good ride.


I realized it was getting dark more quickly than anticipated and I had to cross a road (I didn't want to be doing that in the dark on a dark horse with no reflective gear).  So instead of looping around like I had intended, we took a deer trail to try to get back down off the hill.  It got a little steeper than I anticipated and at one point I accidentally got him in some wire.  Luckily it was smooth wire and he didn't get freaked out by it.  Good boy Cowboy.

8 comments:

  1. Yikes. Maybe get one of those flashlights that clip to the brim of the helmet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pokey sounds perfect for your mom 😋 glad you had a good ride, minus the wire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a cool guy. Glad your mom is getting him out so much. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cowboy sounds like a great find. Glad he's settled in well fo you and your mom!

    ReplyDelete