Friday, June 23, 2017

Road Trip Day 1

Miles Traveled:  756
Hours Driven:  12.5
Ponies Ridden:  2

I managed to get out of dodge before the tropical storm really created a mess, but I believe that we have had around 10 inches of rain.  Loading my car in between down pours was tons of fun, but I managed to get everything crammed in and was off to invade Leah's place.

Sad wet pony when I left

The first hour of driving was mostly a heavy downpour and at a whopping 45 mph.  After that I only hit a few showers and it was smooth sailing.  The stretch from Memphis to Saint Louis drug on forever.  Probably because I was trying to beat rush hour traffic and I really really really wanted to see the dramatic Spanish mares.


I arrived safe and sound around 5 and we immediately went to the barn.  Cinna has the cutest face (of course I forgot to take a picture).  Teal presents were given, ponies were ridden, weiners were played with, and pictures were taken, but I don't have them yet so it will have to wait for another day.

9 comments:

  1. That is not nearly enough information! Who did you ride? How did it go? What were the presents? :D Inquiring minds, ya know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay dramatic Spanish mares!!! Can't wait to see all the pictures! Glad you were able to squeeze in the visit! Safe travels on the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And she's off on the next leg of her journey! I'm so glad we were able to finagle an evening together, even though I wanted to keep you for a week! (pretty sure Cici did too). Safe drive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cici probably could have gotten away with sneaking into my bag 😂

      Delete
  4. Glad you made it to Leah's. Safe rest of your travels!

    ReplyDelete