On Wednesday we trailered down to my favorite dressage judge's place. I felt so horrible because Stinker had loading issues. He started really well but the step up with his hind was difficult because he was sore still. He tried once and missed then decided to nope out of the situation. We got the trailer moved so the step up wasn't as big but it took him a few minutes to get his confidence back. I finally got him on with a lot of coaxing and some bribery. He traveled really well despite the heat.
The next day, the saddle fitter came. My saddle needed multiple changes. He went from a V head plate to a U. She did some reconfiguration with the panels to get the back lifted without dumping all the pressure up front. She changed the way the flap attaches so I have more room for my leg.
He felt really good in it and the saddle fitter was really happy with how he looked. I'm really happy with how the trip went and I really really really want a truck and trailer now. But I need to find a new job and get in a more permanent location before I start getting too crazy.