Friday, September 22, 2017

Cool Weather And Sassy Stinker

I was able to sneak in a quick ride Monday morning to loosen Stinker up after the ride on Sunday.  Tuesday I intended to let him have the day off.  Sadly Wednesday the bosses left town, work blew up, and by the time I got home there was a cold front blowing in and I was not in the mindset to deal with Stinker and cold wind.

There has been a lot of that going on

Thursday I was determined to get a ride in before work.  It was in the 30s for the first time, and Stinker came out like a fire breathing dragon.  I was prepared for a ride just managing the excess energy.  But after much sass from the barn to the ring as soon as he stepped in the ring he went right to work.

The mountain got fresh snow yesterday

Color me impressed.  It is like he is actually trained or something.  His trot work is starting to gain consistency.  The amount of flailing is reducing every ride.  It is still very underpowered, but as long as he is correct I don't care.  The power will come with time and strength.  We even had a couple decent transitions.  Slowly and steadily he is gaining and getting better and better.

7 comments:

  1. All the ponies feel sassy this time of year. It's kind of adorable. I am glad that Stinker is becoming a working horse. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy it when it is in the paddock, not so much under saddle. But he has been such a trooper lately.

      Delete
  2. So cool that Stinker is maintaining his individuality (and fire breathing dragon abilities) but yet also learning that in the ring he needs to work -- sounds like you've made awesome strides with not only his body, but also his brain! So excited for your progress since the move :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has really stepped up to the plate this year.

      Delete
    2. He's 8 this year, right? I've heard that's the magic age! 😁

      Delete
  3. It's so nice when they manage to get their sass in check when you walk into the ring! Good boy Stinker!

    ReplyDelete