Monday, March 28, 2016

2016 Quarter 1 Goals

I wrote my goals up in December, but then my whole plan changed in January and I didn't update my goals to fit the new plan.  So I am adjusting my goals.  Plus the weather sucked this weekend, so there wasn't much pony stuff going on.

Looks like fun....

Old Goals

Year Goals
  • Training Level Dressage at a schooling show late spring/early summer.
  • Horse Trial at a schooling show late fall/early winter.
  • Solid First Level work at home by late fall/early winter.
Quarterly Human Goals
  • Walk at least 10,000 steps per day (15,000 steps if riding). (FAILED)
  • Yoga three times a week. (FAILED...maybe managed three times total.)
  • More two point! (brag about having a jump saddle...womp womp womp) (I haven't even been attempting this.)
Quarterly Stinker Goals
  • Get dressage saddle figured out. (This was quite successful)
  • Continue to work on rhythm and relaxation in all gaits. (We have made progress here)
  • Get more suppleness in the canter.
  • Leg yields!!! (This is day dependent)
None of the year goals are even on the table anymore.  And well the human fails at being accountable for her own goals.  Bad Human!

Too much time to play candy crush...

New Goals

Year Goals
  • Happy healthy Stinker
  • Happy healthy human
  • Continue to get muscle in the correct places
  • Continue to build up strength
  • Consistent walk trot with leg yields
Quarterly Human Goals
  • Eat more vegetables (no pizza with veggies dipped in ranch sauce does not count as a salad)
  • Exercise outside of riding (does not matter what kind but something needs to be happening)
Quarterly Stinker Goals
  • Get thrush cleared up and keep a better eye on things
  • Start phasing out draw reins
  • Keep building muscle
  • Transitions and leg yields
All that rain makes for a filthy monster.

I was really hoping to be showing this year, but that has been tabled for now.  I would rather have a horse that is able to have long term soundness than to push for a few shows.  Honestly, canter is off the table until next year for now, which does bum me out, but I do think it will be good for him.  And yes I do realize I could do walk trot test, but I don't want to.  I am going to try to do a few clinics here and there, but for the most part things will be low key and just building strength.

10 comments:

  1. UGH i hear you on the eating better...I was horrified this morning when I went to put on some pants and the horror of all horrors I couldnt button them. I cant even blame it on water weight at this point :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure my pants have been stretching with me and that is the only reason they still fit. My eating habits go out the window when I'm stressed.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes staying low-key is where it is at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a struggle since I have spring fever and want to do all things, but we are managing.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like some great goals for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. re-calibrating big goals is definitely hard (at least for me) - but there's some relief in taking away the pressure. i love how all your goals are focused on creating a better, stronger and happier horse. nothing else is really worth it if you don't have that !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard. I'm so goal oriented and just want to push harder to make things happen (well unless it involves food then I'm more Cookie Monster than human). :)

      Delete
  5. I think the adjusted goals are great! Less pressure can be a wonderful thing sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete