Friday, March 4, 2016

One of Those Lessons

Do you ever have one of those lessons where muscles you didn't know you had hurt?  I had one of those yesterday.  We were doing really technical things...in my dreams.  We walked and worked on getting Stinker straight.  This is his idea of straight.  Left shoulder popped and haunches trailing to the right.

Haunches to the right

I was really pleased with him.  He would get tense as I was moving his body around, but he let me push him straight.  Obviously it wasn't easy, because my butt is sore.  Apparently I was using that little muscle that pulls your legs back under you for a change.

We have been having some ummm issues with leg being applied and appropriate responses.  I have really been pushing his buttons (sometimes a little too far) to show him that leg is ok.  Because lets face it, without leg we can't do anything fun.
How dare you ask me to move to the right???

So him letting me put leg on and actually move his body in the desired direction is a big step for us.  I was really happy with how well he stepped up and fingers crossed that we are on the path to straightness.  And hopefully I remember to use those those little muscles so they don't hurt so much.

7 comments:

  1. yay for big steps! that whole leg means bend or lateral and not go was so hard to grasp for tillie and still is!! You guys are getting there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are. At this point I don't care that he still gets nervous about it because he isn't actively fighting it.

      Delete
  2. i both love and hate those lessons that leave me so sore lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them. My body not so much... I feel like a grandma

      Delete
  3. I always feel like I got my money's worth out of a lesson if I can't walk for 2-3 days after it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a lesson like that everytime I work on cantering with Mystic haha. I agree with Emma, those are love/hate kinda lessons ;)

    ReplyDelete