Thursday, March 3, 2016

Family Brag and One Year

Pardon me while I step outside of ponies for a moment.  I have to brag about my totally awesome and kick ass sister for a second.  She started doing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) about eight years ago and was promoted to a black belt recently.  Trust me, I am not going to pick any fights with her (I had out grown her in about 6th or 7th grade and we fought like cats and dogs until she left for college).  Anyway, she has her first pro match and the super awesome part is that it is the first time a women's match is the headliner for any pro event!  Yep my sister is a total badass and I am so proud of her!


Now, back to the regularly scheduled PONIES!!!  One year ago today, I had my very first ride on my brand new horse.  I had no idea what I was getting myself into.  I remember that I thought he felt so funny when I first got on him.  Now he just feels like home.  While our progress has been far from linear, we have made progress.  And we are finally a team.  He trusts me and I trust him.  When I have a crap day, I can go out there and his head pops up when he sees me and it makes everything disappear (temporally at least).

Stinker on his way down to me!

13 comments:

  1. Congrats to your sister and Happy Horseversary for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw love the big milemarkers. :-) Congrats on one year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww happy horsiversary! and good luck to your sister!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She is really good. I'm super excited for her.

      Delete
  4. Aw he is so cute sticking his head out of the trailer! Congrats on a year and congrats to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cute face has gotten him out of a lot of trouble. And thank you.

      Delete
  5. Happy horsiversary! And good luck to your sister! Both things are very exciting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, happy horsie-versary! And congrats to your sister, I wish I had the ambition to do something like that.

    ReplyDelete