Thursday, April 14, 2016

Blogaversay!

I can't believe it has been a year since I started blogging.  It is kind of funny, because I wasn't expecting people to read it.  I mostly wanted a way to keep track of Stinker's progress (little did I know shit was about to hit the fan) and if someone read it awesome.  Not only do people read it I think some might even like reading it (shocking)!  Anyway to celebrate I thought I would share some of my favorite things about blogging.

Enjoy some of the outtakes from trying to get a good shot.

1)  The people!  I have contacted a number of you for various reasons and everyone has been so nice and helpful.  It gives me hope for the internet.  Also, I love reading peoples comments, because I enjoying hearing other people's thoughts and partially because it comments give me warm fuzzy feelings.

2)  The journeys.  I didn't realize when I started how vested I would become in other people's journeys.  I get excited when my favorite blogs have a new post and reading about other people's struggles has really put mine into perspective (which I need sometimes).

Too tired.

3)  The writing.  I didn't expect to enjoy writing the posts as much as I do.  I get excited when I think I have a really good post that people will like or if I had a fun weekend that I want to share.  I don't feel bad about getting into the nitty gritty, because you don't have to read it if you don't want to.

4)  The accountability.  I have gotten into the swing of three posts a week (I don't know how you ladies do 5-7 posts, plus ride, plus work, you guys are awesome) and it gives me motivation to analyze my rides or explore random topics that pop into my brain (or buy expensive toys).

I can't possibly look at you right now.

5)  The new ideas.  I have gotten countless ideas from other bloggers.  New exercises, new ways of thinking about things I have heard a million times, new tack, awesome toys I didn't know existed (that should be a post).

6)  Exploring new disciplines.  I am still relatively new to English riding and personally focus on dressage and eventing, but I follow blogs that let me explore the worlds of endurance to hunters.  It is fun to see the different disciplines.

The hell beast mini decided to sleep right in front of the barn.

7)  The toys.  While my budget doesn't like this, I love hearing about new products and my collection has expanded quite a bit due to other bloggers.  I can usually resist one, but when multiple jump on board my curiosity gets the better of me.

So thank you all for making this past year of blogging so much fun.

20 comments:

  1. Really awesome post!! I love this blogging community! the accountability part definitely rang true for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with every point you have, especially the toys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The toys...so many toys...and the list keeps growing. But I haven't been steered wrong yet.

      Delete
  3. Happy blogaversary!!! And I agree with all your points- especially the new toys!!! My wallet is kinda empty too bc of the toys… ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! But the toys are so much fun, even when they empty the wallet!

      Delete
  4. Awesome points, I definitely agree with all of them. I love this community! I feel like I've been reading your blog for over a year though! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm I am going to assume it is because it is so awesome you can't remember life before my blog and not that it is so boring that it makes time drag. :)
      The community is so amazing!

      Delete
  5. Happy Blogversary! To many more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy, happy blogaversary!!! I am with you, the daily posters are my heroes and there is no way I could ever keep up with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I love them and I have come to the conclusion that they have mad time management skills (which I lack).

      Delete
  7. Happy blogaversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy blogaversary! Love your list of reasons to blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy one year - and here's to many more!! I love following along with you and Stinker and Pongo and whatever other creatures might cross your path :)

    ReplyDelete