Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Who To Cheer For?

I am obscenely excited for Rolex (well as excited as I can be since I will be watching it from the couch and not in person).  I am still overly excited for it.  Especially since some of my favorites will be riding.  I thought it would be fun to make a list of my favorites and why I like them.

First up, my absolute favorite (possibly because she is the only one I have actually met) Sinead Halpin.  I absolutely love her and played it way too cool when she stayed with me and didn't even get an autograph (why in the hell didn't I get her to autograph the bottle of wine we drank???).  Oh well I have the pictures and memories.  All fan girling aside, she is an amazing rider and teacher.  I will absolutely be cheering for her and stalking her ride times so I don't miss anything.


Next up is Elisa Wallace.  I love all the work she has done with the mustangs and her vlog.  Everything is so chill and laid back.  Rumor has it there *might* be a clinic with her in the area this fall (now to find a darn horse I can ride in it and keep everything crossed that it actually happens).  She is another one that I will probably embarrass myself fan girling over (oh well).

Meet Woody (I am terrible at selfies).

Finally, I am a little ashamed that he isn't an American, but Michael Jung.  I absolutely adore the mare he is riding (sorry Sam, but girl power wins this one).  Not to  mention he is a hell of a rider and I would love to see more of his training program (darn Germans and their secrets).  He is so accurate in his dressage tests and doesn't leave points on the board.  He is a top show jumper (seriously look at his FEI record) and a cross country machine.  Not to mention tough as nails (who rides when they know they have a broken leg...the Germans).

Stinker and his bestie (who always hides him)

I will of course be cheering for all the Americans and pretty much any horse that makes me go ooohhhh pretty (so basically everyone), but these are my favorites.  Who are you cheering for?

16 comments:

  1. I am def starting to get excited!!! Last year I was really rooting for a Little Romance because I LOVE the sire (a Fine Romance) and Jimmie Schramm and Bellamy.

    I totally LOVED ML's run out on XC last year and was rooting for her too. This year, I am sorta going to decide during the opening ceremonies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah I totally add horses based on "ohhhh pretty." :D

      Delete
  2. "so basically everyone" yep me too! I will be hardcore rooting for all the OTTBs and also Colleen Rutledge (she just seems so freaking cool)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can you not cheer for basically everyone? All the pretty horses and great riders. It's just so much fun!!

      Delete
  3. Since Trainer isn't riding this year, I'm rooting for Shame on the Moon. My trainer brought her up through the 2* level before selling her to Emily. She's a super neat horse to ride, and it's wonderful to see them competing so successfully on the base my trainer put on her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome!!! Shame on the moon is gorgeous!!!!!

      Delete
  4. My favorite horse just scratched this week :( Sparrow's Nio is such a cool little guy and I met his sire (Grange Finn Sparrow) when I was 12 and have been in love with all Grange babies ever since! But I will be cheering everyone on too from the comfort of my couch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't so bad when you can hook a computer up to a big TV and watch it pour in KY. Or at least that is what I tell myself.

      Delete
  5. Definitely rooting for Elisa Wallace, I love her vlogs! I also always root for James Alliston since he's from my area and one of my kids rides with him for her over fences work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not familiar with him. Honestly I don't know much about the west coast riders. Off to Google now. :)

      Delete
  6. Oh man, Sinead and Tate are my favorites. But yes, also basically everybody! So excited.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooh i love this post ---- be sure to check in on my blog tomorrow bc i miiiiiight be hosting a contest on this very subject!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again with the teasing! Although I may deserve it after all the Instagram shaming you have been getting. :)

      Delete
  8. I'm a bit obsessed with Petite Flower, so Buck is on my cheering list. I love Elisa Wallace too!

    ReplyDelete