Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Hide-and-Seek

Fairly frequently I have to find my horse in the pasture in the dark. His buddy is a paint, so he is fairly easy to spot. Right now Stinker's socks are very dirty so it is harder to find him. He lives in the dressage pasture which is the smallest one, but it is still large enough that it could easily hold three large dressage rings with room to spare.


The other evening I promptly found his buddy but there was no Stinker in sight. So I walked over to the trees along the fence line where he likes to sleep. He wasn't there, so I started walking around the pasture and by the time I made a lap I was starting to get nervous. Typically he is easy to find or he comes up to me.

You looking for me?

Finally I turned around and he was following along behind me. I hadn't heard him and I have no idea how long he was following along behind me while I grew increasingly worried about where he was. 

9 comments:

  1. OMG stinker. Don't scare us like that!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is a game for him and I think I am the main toy :)

      Delete
  2. That black blanket probably doesn't help! (if he was wearing that)

    I can totally relate, I have had to walk around a lot to find my horse in the big pasture after dark before too. At least her white face does make her more visible, but it's about 120 acres of pasture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He wasn't wearing the blanket, it was just the first picture I found with that expression on his face. I am very thankful that I don't have 120 acres to search. I would have been in for a long walk 😂

      Delete
  3. What a little shit I love it 😂 hahaha. You should see me trying to find Ruby or Jack in the dark -- that's when I want some chrome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that with Pongo. See a dark shape in the dark, wander up to it, squint, nope wrong dark bay, continue the wandering 😂

      Delete
  4. Omg Stinker. You have a great sense of humour!

    ReplyDelete