Thursday, July 9, 2015

Weekend Preview

I am so excited I can't stand myself.  D gets into town tomorrow!!! I can't wait for a dressage bootcamp.  I realize this is suppose to be an eventing blog, but I love dressage.  I can't help it.  It appeals to my perfectionist, OCD, and neurotic tendencies.  I just wish I could ride the little Stinker.

Honestly, I haven't gotten a chance to look at him yet.  I was out of town for a couple of days and I didn't manage to get time to check him today.  S was going to lunge him for me and let me know how he looks.  The vet is also coming tomorrow for another check up.  I am going to check on Stinker in the morning and hopefully things are good.

In Pongo news, he is still doing really well.  I had a lesson on him today and he was a little sluggish.  I think it was a combination of the heat and he got wormed yesterday and was a little runny behind.  Anyway, I think we are making good progress and he will get tomorrow off.  We will probably have our first jump lesson together next week, which makes me excited.  The clinic I want to ride him in is at the beginning of August and I don't want to embarrass S with my crappy floppy riding.

In the meantime, I can't wait for more of this...

First ride ever on Stinker

No comments:

Post a Comment