Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Adulting Fails

This past weekend I told myself I would be a responsible adult and take care of the adult things I needed to do.  The following was my to do list:

Sums up my feelings about adulting.

1)  Laundry.  I am running very low of work appropriate clothes that are clean.
2)  Pick up my house.
3)  Yard work.
4)  Go to the grocery store.
5)  Prep some food for this week.

The following is what I did.

1)  Horse laundry.  I am struggling to keep up with clean(ish) saddle pads in the heat we have been having.  I managed to resist my obvious solution of buying more saddle pads.
2)  Give Stinker a bath.  He was dirtier than my horse was anyway.
3)  Help out a bit at the barn.  Who needs a yard that looks nice anyway.
4)  Did make it to the grocery store.  Then promptly ate all food in sight...
5)  Did not get anything that I could prep and make last for the week.

I find clean white socks so satisfying.

Yep I suck as an adult.  I am pretty sure I will regret my decisions by the time this is published, but I had fun doing it.

22 comments:

  1. bahahah im with you there...especially on the saddle pad thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took 6 runs of the washer to get four pads clean. I hate my washer.

      Delete
  2. Why is it so much easier and fun to do barn work than house work? Someone needs to solve that conundrum for me.

    Clean tack truck and hay loft? YEAH! Clean house... Boo :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. I would rather clean 30 stalls that vacuum three rooms. Zero sense...

      Delete
  3. Yup, my adulting fails look a lot like this as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to feel like it's a common theme for the horse obsessed adults ;)

      Delete
  4. Adulting is stupid. I always "horse" instead 😁 My house is a wreck but my barn is clean! Although the heat wave we're in the middle of means I'm probably going to have to do housework so I don't give myself heatstroke....lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heatstroke is a good excuse for not being able to do housework...JK take care of yourself

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. That is my response to my "grand plan". I should have known better.

      Delete
  6. Story of my life.
    Also, clean white socks > cleanest house ever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will always be happier looking at sparkling socks than a sparkling house...

      Delete
  7. haha sounds about right. tho lately my balance is swinging the other way and i can personally say the grass is *not* greener lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The food is the only thing I sort of regret but that's ok. Ponies are fun!

      Delete
  8. There is always this coming weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is that. Unfortunately I'm working for the majority of the weekend :(

      Delete