Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Mr. Sensitivity

When Teddy's Tack Trunk ran a sale over the 4th of July weekend, I was really excited.  I had been dying to get their brushes after SprinkerBandits and $900 Facebook Pony (2nd and 3rd review) both said they were fantastic for their super sensitive horses.  Plus these ladies have never steered me wrong with purchases (and yes there have been many), so I went all out and got the Leistner "Trophy" Brush Set (I did do the substitution for the Prinz brush).

All the pretty brushes

I was so excited when they shipped within hours of placing the order and when they arrived I skipped out on my adulating duties to go make my pony pretty.  Who doesn't love to try new things?  Stinker was not nearly as excited to be drug out of his pasture as I was to drag him.  I figured I could bribe him with some food and he would forgive me.

Not the face I was getting.

He was less than thrilled.  In fact he was grumpier than usual when it came to grooming.  I was a little bummed but chalked it up to him being grouchy.  I continued to use the brushes, but he doesn't seem to approve of them.  In fact the softest face brush causes the most objection.  WTF horse!  I don't know if it is a smell thing, because he is weird about his face.  Everything has to be sniffed and typically chewed before it can touch his face.  I am trying to decide if I will keep torturing him with these brushes or go ahead and sell them.  He doesn't appreciate them any more than the cheap brushes and objects more to some of them.

Really not sure about this.

That being said, I adore these brushes.  They are everything that SprinkerBandits and $900 Facebook Pony said (minus the fact the my sensitive asshat doesn't appreciate them).  Especially the Hoof Brush.  That thing is staying no matter what.  It is freaking amazing.  We have super sandy soil and Stinker wears pull on bell boots and the sand is a pain to clean out.  The hoof brush cuts that cleaning process in half at the very least.

So do I ignore my horse's objections and keep the brushes because I want them?  Or do my best to recoup my money and go back to the cheapies because my horse has zero taste?

7 comments:

  1. I would give it few weeks to let him adjust before you sell them. Maybe he just needs to get used to being extra pampered! Silly boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silly is one word for it...I might have used a few other choice words. :)

      Delete
    2. Well, at least if you do decide to sell them, someone from the blogging community should snap them up? 😉 If I didn't have some I'd take them off your hands!

      Delete
  2. bahaha maybe it is sooo soft he is like wait this feels weird...maybe keep trying a few times and see if he adjusts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has had a week to change his mind and zero change. Turd monkey.

      Delete
  3. Ugh horses. But hey. Who doesn't love a horse that prefers something cheaper for once?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish he had told me that before I bought them... :P

      Delete