Monday, July 17, 2017

Redheaded Step Child

Lest you think that Stinker has been forgotten, rest assured that I have not turned him into the redheaded stepchild since Cowboy's arrival.  Stinker has settled in nicely and was working well after a little time off because of the travel.  Nothing was ground breaking but it was very steady consistent work reflective of where he is at.

So pathetic (PC: SB)

Then I went back to Wyoming, and when I came back he was three legged lame.  Like totally pathetic limited mobility OMG my horse is broken lame.  His hind shoe is loose and it looked like maybe he had a nail that was poking him.  I contacted a farrier (who is coming this morning) and I am hoping that it is from the loose shoe/an abscess.  Either way he totally spoiled my grand weekend plans, but it was still a fun weekend despite his failure to cooperate.

8 comments:

  1. When you learn that you are not allowed to leave him? ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He keeps trying to convince me he can fit in my pocket but I don't believe it.

      Delete
  2. ha he wanted to make sure you still love him by tugging on your heart strings with a mysterious and abrupt lameness! hopefully it's just an abscess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He got totally neurotic. Not sure that is what he was going for

      Delete
  3. Ugh horses. I hope it's a quick and easy fix!

    ReplyDelete