Monday, July 3, 2017

Road Trip: Days 2 and 3

Day 2 Stats
Miles Drive:  793
Hours In the Car:  12.5

Day 3 Stats
Miles Drive:  1029
Hours In The Car:  15.5


I was originally going to take four days, since I had over 1,000 miles for the last day.  But I am cheap and didn't want to pay for a hotel that close to home, so I drove the entire way.  Thankfully, I managed to catch up with an old friend and she made the last two hours fly by.  I was also really glad I missed the massive heat wave that hit the southwest at the same time.


Once I arrived Saturday evening about all I did was sleep.  Sunday I tried to relax and catch up because I needed to be at work on Monday morning at 6:30 am to help unload the trucks for work.  I was so tired by Monday afternoon.  The movers for work kept offering me a job.  I kept saying nope nope nope I am done with moving things, but I still have to go back and help the movers for the rest of my parents stuff.  Then I am refusing to move for a good long while.

8 comments:

  1. That is very exhausting. I wish you had stopped more to rest but I probably would have done the same thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably would have if I had company but I was tired of myself by the last day.

      Delete
  2. I am so glad you made it through that last day of driving on Saturday so you could have a full day resting before going back to work! I don't envy you the drive, but you do have a pretty sweet place to call home 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I only needed to make the whole thing once.

      Delete
  3. What a doozy of a trip - glad you made it in one piece!! Hope you can get some R&R now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What. A. Trip. Hope you can stay put for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had better. I might have an absolute temper tantrum if I have move again. I am over boxes.

      Delete